Synthetic Ruby Identifier (SRI)
Instantaneously identifies synthetic rubies through its high UV transmittance.
The Synthetic Ruby Identifier by Presidium is a ground-breaking desktop device that instantaneously identifies synthetic (flame fusion) rubies through its characteristic high UV transmittance. Utilizes UV light with auto cut-off and gives quick results with clear indicator lights to measure the UV transmittance ability of ruby gemstones.
Works on both single mounted stones (with open-back setting) and loose rubies.
Connects via USB to OMI, the one-stop software solution for stone testing data.
- Advanced technology that measures a ruby gemstone’s UV light transmittance ability
- 7 colour coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give a low or high reading of UV light transmittance
- Instantaneous clear results within 2 seconds
- Exterior base foam padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces
- Stream-lined ergonomic design that enhances portability and stability
- Low battery indicator
- Energy-saving auto power-off of device after 10 minutes without operation
- Interior LED light source and testing area
- Energy-saving auto power-off of interior LED light source when lid of device is open or when Start Test button is not activated
- USB connectivity for data transfer to OMI
- Bluetooth compatible
- USB port for alternative power source and connectivity
- Help to instantaneously identify most synthetic flame fusion rubies
- Tests on rubies within a range in dimension from 3 mm in width and up to 6mm in height (approx. 0.1 to 6 carat size)
- Tests on polished rubies of popular common shapes
- Can be used on both loose stones and rubies mounted on jewelry with open-back setting
Power & Battery
- 4 x AAA alkaline batteries
- USB port to be used with USB cable and appropriate Presidium Universal USB Power Adaptor
Dimensions & Weight
- Length: 130mm (5.12 inches)
- Weight (without batteries): 110grams (3.88 oz)
- Width: 100mm (3.94 inches)
- Height:65mm (2.56 inches)
Business Development Dept. The Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand (Public Organization)
Tel: +66 2634 4999 ext. 635-642